Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"Discipline My Body"

Joanna Clark

So instead of recapping what this great devotional said, I'm just copying the link. Please go to it if you have a minute: http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com/2010/04/discipline-my-body.html

Basically, in a nutshell, it discusses how most things we desire in life are really hard and take a lot of work. We have to discipline ourselves, much like training for a marathon, in order to actually make it happen. Things like getting out of debt, losing weight, honoring our husbands...anything really. It definitely spoke to me in regards to many things in my life. It was funny though because the key verse is 1 Cor. 9:27, which was also referred to in Sunday's sermon. I thought "wow, when God really wants to teach you something, He will remind you of it until you get it"..."okay, God, I get it...I've got a lot of hard work to do!!"

"I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should.
Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be
disqualified." I Corinthians 9:27 (NLT)

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of us have things that we really need to work on training ourselves at. So, I'm assuming this could speak to any of you like it has to me. And, we are all in this journey together, so let's encourage one another to put as much effort into training as we can. I'm praying for each of you as I struggle through it too :)

1 comment: